Here is the website to Milagros: http://www.milagrosut.com/
Short version: horrible, we wont go back there again. Bad service and bad food, not a good combination.
Long version:
We tried Milagros last weekend. Very, very disappointing. We went in, got seated right away and the waitress came to take our order right away. I told her I would need a minute. I looked over the menu and decided on the soup and salad combo for 9 dollars. The soup was chicken tortilla which is one of my favorites.
The waitress came back and I told her I wanted the soup and salad. She was like, "oh... well, we are out of the chicken tortilla soup, and we aren't offering the soup and salad combo anymore. Sorry, I should have told you that." um, ok well I think I am going to need another minute.
They haven't even been opened that long, maybe 2 months and they have already taken things off their menu and haven't changed it on the actual menu....
So I was going to order something else. It didn't help that their menu was small and limited of choices.
Heber told me to get the enchiladas and he would get the tacos and we could split them. I figured that was fine since I didn't know what I was going to get anyway. I decided to get the chicken enchiladas with flour tortillas because I don't like corn tortillas. It turns out that you can't get flour tortillas. surprise surprise..
So Iget the chicken enchiladas with corn tortillas, sweet rice and back beans and Heber got the pork tacos with spicy rice with steamed veggies.
His food comes out and he starts eating. My food hasn't come out yet. It was a little weird and I was glad they gave us the chips and salsa so I could munch on them while I was waiting for my food.
Later I learned that thats how they do things at Milagros, they bring the food out whenever its ready, I just wish the waitress would have told us...
So my food finally comes out by this time Heber is so disgusted with his pork tacos. I try my enchiladas they were ok. He says he wants them. I try his pork tacos. Since I didn't get what I wanted anyway, I told him I would switch him. So instead of sharing our tacos and enchiladas, ate my enchiladas and I choked down his tacos. Aren't I so nice?
The tacos were so dry. They were stuffed full of pork that was as dry as wood. They didn't even have cheese on them.They were horrible. I asked Heber how the enchiladas were doing, he said they were better then the tacos, but the chicken was still dry.
Their kitchen area is out in the open where the customers can see all of the waiters standing around laughing and talking. It was frustrating because Heber was out of water. He was getting so mad. I think it took her 15 minutes or longer to bring him more water.
His grilled veggies were weird. It wasn't the typical steamed veggies you would be expecting. it was sliced carrots, corn, asparagus, sliced zucchini, whatever else. and his spicy rice was ok. He said to me when he saw the steamed veggies, "all I wanted was rice and refried beans" but of course they don't offer normal refried beans...
My sweet rice and black beans were good, the black beans came out of a can, nothing special to them. I could make those at home.
I just don't understand how it was 10 dollars for each plate...
Well we wont be going back there again.
5 comments:
Sounds like a place to stay away from. Sorry it was a bad experience.
dang! k von and I were so excited when we saw that going in... and then we looked at the menu and it looked like regular food with high prices. so we thought maybe its just really yummy regular food?
im glad that we haven't tried it yet and wasted our money.
thats so weird, cuz usually places are really good when they first open since they are still trying to impress.
well sorry you had a bad experience, but thanks for sharing and warning us :-)
huh......... man! sounds like a disappointing night for sure. I hate that! Sorry..... and thanks for the warning!! P.S. We gotta get together... it's been too long :)
oy vey! Wont be going there! thanks
Thanks for saving us a trip there.
Post a Comment