Thursday, January 13, 2011

Are You a 5 or a 7?

This is something I learned in my institute class that I wanted to share.

1 Nephi 3: verses 5,7 reads:

5: And now, behold thy brothers murmur, saying it is a hard thing which I have required of them; but behold I have not required it of them, but it is a commandment of the Lord.

7: And it came to pass that I, Nephi said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Do you murmur and complain about the things you are required to do like Laman and Lemuel, (vs 5) or do you say I will go and do the things the Lord commands I know he will make a way for me to succeed, because he commanded me to do this (vs 7)

Are you a 5 or a 7?

1 comments:

Kelly Billings said...

I will have to admit that sometimes I would say I am a 6.