Thursday, July 9, 2009

2 Sad Things...

This week we have had 2 sad things happen that I am still trying to wrap my mind around. Both were so unexpected and just broke my heart.

The first thing~ My hard drive died. So far, I have lost everything, my documents, my recipe book I have been making, my journal, my desktop icons, but most importantly my photos. I am just heart broken about these photos. Everything is gone, from birth to now, our life history is just gone. Heber is trying everything to get them copied over but so far has had no luck. It doesn't look hopeful.

The second thing~ Meg cut her hair. She was supposed to be in bed but obviously wasn't and chopped off her pony tail. its really short and right on top of her head. Any hair style that I do will not hide this. Right now I am debating on taking her to get it professionally cut to help blend it. But Meg LOVES her long hair, and so do I so I just don't know if I can do it.

So today I am just feeling down.

7 comments:

The Tanner Family said...

ok I am now offically crying! that is so sad about your hard drive! I would just die luckly you blogged a lot of pictures, so you still have some:) and Megs hair..oh my Im so sorry, I would be so mad...Sorry Ashley:)

Annica said...

SAAAAD!!! I must admit that I chuckled a little bit when I heard that Meg cut her hair, but really, that it sad! You always made her hair look so cute! Did she say when she did it?

Kelly Billings said...

Sorry about the hair. It seems most little girls or boys do that once in their little lives. What I would do is buy a wig and have her where it till it grows out longer. lol

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

that is depressing!! my heart goes out to you for your hard drive--computers are great until they mess you up! the hair--sad, but everyone does it, right? that probably didn't make you feel better:)

Alicia said...

NOOOOOOOO!! I'm so sorry!! I totally understand the picture thing. (I'll tell you Sunday)..but maybe check with Jeremy Stanley. From what I understand he is a genius for getting things recovered from messed up hard drives. Dan totally recommends him.

Nicole said...

Hmmmm..... Wow. Seems like you definitely need a girls night out... i'll be callin' you.

Leanne said...

so sad that she's not a boy and you can just shave her head like I did with Reuben when he did that. sorry! no advice for when girls snip snip!