Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Every year since I can remember my family would go up to Lewiston on Memorial Day. We would first stop at the cemetery and put flowers on all the graves of people we knew, and then go to my grandpas house and hang out until lunch.

It used to be that we would all meet in this old theater building and do a pot-luck lunch, but our families grew and the space stayed the same size and it was time to move to a restaurant. We tried a few different restaurants but settled at the Golden Corral. We went to Golden Corral every year on memorial day would eat as a family and then go back to Bonnie and Heb's house and chat and catch up on life. We would see people who we would only see a few times a year, and others who we would see less then that. Most we would see that one time in the whole year.

My Grandpa died a 3 years ago. Since he past away, our family traditions have been demolished. They all surrounded him. It was for him that we would drive up sardine canyon and through all the lights in logan, and past that to the blinking light which was where to turn off the main street and continue to his house.

So, this memorial day, instead of seeing family and friends that live so far away, we are here in Orem with my little family trying to start traditions of our own.

We started the day with me doing my daily task of watering my plants. Here is a sneak peak of our yard transformation. I am not sure if I mentioned that we are getting it done because I want to wait until I have the before and after pictures to show what has been done. Hebers brother Joe is doing it for us and it is a HUGE blessing!



The only thing I have in the garden right now are tomato plants.



Here is a tree and some plants Joe planted. They look great!

You cant have Memorial day without a BBQ. I am proud to say that I grilled these burgers myself.



On Memorial day, you also have to have watermelon, corn on the cob, and Lemon aid. Its a must!



Lots of naps for everyone. Q decided he wasnt going to wait to be put down, he laid himself down and went to sleep all on his own.



We decided to take a trip to the Park, and of course enjoy some Popsicles before playing!



Heber tried to take both the kids down the side together. there were too many shoes!



The kids weren't the only ones playing!



Then we decided to keep the tradition of eating out and go to Sizzler. It was a great day!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

what fun! those look like good burgers!

The Tanner Family said...

Fun! Im glad you guys are making your own traditions:) Sound like a bunch of fun..the yard looks great!

Annica said...

HEEEY! I went to Sizzler on Monday too.... but in Logan.

Nicole said...

FUN!! :)