Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Homemade Wipes...

A few people have asked how to make the baby wipes so I though I would post it here. I just did a half batch so I will post that recipe.

Ingredients:

2 T baby wash
2 C water
1 Roll paper towels
1 container to store in

Directions

Cut your roll of paper towels into 2. So you have 2 small rolls of paper towels. Put 1/2 roll of paper towels into a container. Mix the water and the baby wash together and pour over paper towels. Occasionally turn container to rotate water mixture. Let sit for 15 minutes or until the towels are completely soaked. Pull out the cardboard center of the soaked towels and one of the towels should come with it, that is the start of your wipes. pull from the center towel.

Note: they will get moldy if you don't use quickly so you can only make one batch or a 1/2 batch at a time. I used Johnson's baby shampoo, Bounty paper towels and a wipes container. You can save the second small roll for your next batch of wipes.

got it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can confirm that I like these better. They are more consistent with not losing the fold... you know what I mean... not being able to get the next wipe up.

A little thinner than I would like, but you also don't have to unfold them to get a nice big wipe...

This is gross to talk about.

Nicole said...

HAHAhahaha..... Oh, heber. That's too funny.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

that sounds way too homemade and economical! i love the smell of baby wipes so i don't know if i could ever go the homemade route. genius idea, though!

Leanne said...

huh. may have to try it, but I'm scared...