I am writing about christmas eve, to New Years!
Our Christmas this year was so much fun! I can tell you that having kids at Christmas time is the best! We did a lot of traditions that we will continue to carry on to next year, like make sugar cookies and leave them out for Santa, Kids will sleep in the basement together, and of course the never fail present on Christmas eve, Pajamas!
The kids frosting the cookies
I wont tell you what time we got up Christmas morning, because its embarrassing, but let me just say that if we didn't get up that early, we wouldn't have been able to visit families because of the snow storms!
Here is Megs new bed she got for Christmas. She loves it! Lots of room for toys in her room now. This is also a picture of the pajamas they got. they got matching ones. I didn't get a picture of them together in their pjs, I am kinda bummed, but I will get one next year for sure!
Meg understood what was going on when she saw the presents that morning. She offered her assistance with each and every present anyone opened. She got to open most of Q's because he wanted nothing to do with them or the wrapping paper. I don't know what his problem was, maybe it was too early for him!
We made it safely to Ogden although the drive was so frightening! We couldn't see past our lights and didn't know if the road was going to turn. The roads weren't plowed and we were the first one on them, and it was just scary!
We made it safely, and had a great breakfast with Heber's Family. There is nothing better then his mom's cherry turnovers!
Then we headed down the street to my parents house. My mom Made the best french dip sandwiches ever, and the best augraten potatoes. Yum, Yum. Just what I was in the mood for.
We made it home safely and went straight to bed at 8 pm. It was a great day!
A couple days after Christmas we went the the annual Jewkes Christmas Party. We could only stay for a half hour or so because Meg was having another asthma attack. We thought she had outgrown it because it happened in a while so we weren't prepared. We had to get her home to take her breathing treatments. I was bummed because this party is a big part of my Christmas celebrations. A tradition that I love, even though I never get a good white elephant gift! haha. I love being around family that we don't get to see very often.
Here is Meg taking her treatment in her new bed. I think she looks so cute with her feet dangling over the side! She is such a good sport, always so good about taking her treatments!
I started a tradition on New Years eve/ Day that the kids would get a present to start the new year. Just for fun. One present to share. They got a bubble action gun. It does 1000 bubbles in 60 seconds! It is Awesome!
Q is afraid of the bubbles, he will run away from them. he likes to push the button on the gun, but then runs away!
New Years Eve I told Meg that she and Scolly would get a surprise in the morning. She got all excited and said, What is it? and I said, I cant tell you its a surprise, she said, What is it an elephant?
Heber and I managed to stay up until midnight on New Years, we watched a movie, and probably fell asleep at at 12:01.
2008 was a great year, and we are excited to start 2009!
Come, Follow Me
7 years ago
8 comments:
Sorry to hear Majestic is still having problems with her asthma. It does sound like you have started some great traditions. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year.
What a fun tradition to start!!
It's funny that Meg got that awesome bed, but when I asked her what she got, the only thing she would say is "playdough." I love that bed!! It's so cute!
Im glad you guys made it safly everywhere! I still cant believe when you woke up though....did you wake the kids or the other way around?
So so sad to hear about Meg! Her new bed looks flipping awesome!! I love the baking sugar cooking tradition and a new present for the new year! You are amazing!
Quite an adventurous holiday season! Can't wait to see you and your cute family on Saturday!
wow, crazy! We had to drive up to south salt lake on christmas, and I about had a heart attack! I can only imagine what it would have been like to drive all the way up to ogden. I didn't know Majestic was still having asthma issues... hopefully that will get better!! It looks like you had a blast with your kids... and i love the idea of a new present to start out a new year!
Sounds like you guys had a good holiday season. What a cute little family. Q is so cute with his hair getting so long - he's a boy now, not a baby!
You bummed me out thinking about how I missed the Jewkes Christmas party - I love it too. In Spite of the LAME white elephants!!!! Ah, good times... Sorry you had to miss it too - that stinks that Meg has asthma. HOpe she does grow out of it soon.
Post a Comment