Here is a story I found some where on the internet that has motivated me. It has made me think about the things I do during the day.
I never regret...
I stood in my kitchen one evening, debating whether I was going to wash the dishes and shine my sink before I went to bed, or wait and try to get up a little early to do it. It dawned on me that I have NEVER regretted biting the bullet and just doing it before I go to bed. Yes, I may be tired, but I have never plodded into my clean kitchen in the morning and thought to myself, "Boy, I wish I hadn't cleaned the kitchen before I went to bed last night. I'm really in the mood to scrub a pot or pan while waiting for the coffee to brew."
On the flip side, I ALWAYS regret waking up to a messy kitchen when I have not hunkered down for the 15 minutes it takes to just get the job done before I go to bed. It's like getting a slap in the face first thing in the morning when I walk into the kitchen dreaming of that first cup of coffee, and then BAM! Oh yeah, I have this mess to work around to get the coffee started and then try to clean up while I'm feeding the kids their breakfast and pack lunches. YUCK! It just gets my day started off on the wrong foot.
When I started thinking about it, I realized that this regret/no regret thing pertains to other areas of my life as well. For example, I never regret getting on the treadmill or playing soccer with my kids. I always feel remorseful when I have passed the day away without spending any time in physical activity. I NEVER regret having a salad for lunch, but I ALWAYS regret having a Big Mac and fries with my diet Coke. I never regret turning down that piece of chocolate cake and instead opting for a fresh pear. I never regret making the healthy choice.
As we head toward the end of the month, think about the little choices we make every day that put us on the path to health. Every time you're faced with a tough choice (to walk or not to walk), remember that you'll never regret being the fit and fabulous person you want to be!
4 comments:
some of those little choices totally make a difference in the whole day... for me, it's making the bed in the morning.
Story of my LIFE!!! haha!! :) Only sometimes i DON'T regret that cheeseburger when I probably should ;)
I think about the whole dishes thing too...so I usually save them for when Josh calls me and says Im on my way home:)
Totally agree! Also, your little ones are getting oh, so cute! Meg is growing up so much. She's a doll. And Q, well, look at that face! 'Nuff said... Sorry for the TOTALLY random comment.
Post a Comment