Friday, March 28, 2008

Unofficial Update For Q

I wanted to update, even though nothing really has happened except the food guy came to get Q on a diet, but I haven't taken him to be weighted yet.

I decided to stop the butter and karo until I talked to kids on the move food guy. He asked me to tell him Q's history and I told him everything about him.

This was his feeding schedule:

8- 8 oz bottle
11-8 oz bottle
3-8 oz bottle
5- bowl of rice cereal with fruit or veggies
bed until 8 A.M. and it starts over again.

he was pretty shocked that was all we were doing with the solids. so this is the schedule he put him on.

8- bowl of rice cereal with prune juice mixed in,then a bottle until he is done drinking
11- bowl of veggies with a little rice cereal, then a bottle until he is done drinking
3- bowl of veggies with a little rice cereal, then a bottle until he is done drinking
5- 8 oz bottle before bed.

Heber has been getting him up at 6 and giving him an extra bottle so he in on his way to gaining weight.

We have started seeing him do a lot more then he did before. he is playing with toys, making noises, and being so cute.

He said this new schedule is a lot better then the butter and karo. Hailey had a good suggestion that made me think about the butter and karo, she said in the comments on Q's update below, that if we feed that to him now, he wont want to eat regular foods when he gets older because he will want fatty and sweetened foods. that confirmed my decision not to feed him the butter and karo.

I am not worried about him anymore. I have felt all the prayers that have been said for him, I feel that he is going to be ok, and I don't have to worry. I have seen so much progress just in the last couple of days. Thanks to everyone who had him in their thoughts and prayers.

I will update again when I take him to get weighed next month.




5 comments:

InspirednTired said...

Glad to hear that things are going better for your little guy! Sounds like this has made a huge difference already.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like this guy who helped you with the feeding schedule is great. I think the new schedule looks really good. I am glad that you are going with your instincts and not loading up on the butter and karo. I agree that it is better to give him healthy calories. good luck and I am glad he is doing better.

The Allred Family said...

I just read all your blogs and concernc about Q and it's shocking b/c he looks really healthy....he doesn't look skinny to me at all. Ella still only weighs 20 and she's 3. I am glad you feel better about everything though. Good luck and keep us updated.

EVEN STEPHENS said...

Sounds like all is well, I have tiny babies and I am always nervous about there weight gain so I bought a baby scale so I can track there progress more often than every 2 months at the Dr. It helps me keep peace of mind, or alerts me to up there feedning. They dont cost much and might be worth the investment if you decide you need it. Take care

Leanne said...

It looks like Meg is tackling him in the kiss picture! still super cute. He's such a good little baby.