I was down stairs on the computer when I had a feeling to go check on the kids. I went upstairs into the living room and saw that Meg had chocolate all over her face and dress, so I assumed she got in to the easter candy. It was in a bowl in the kitchen, pushed as far back as possible on the counter. I quickly looked into the kitchen to see Meg's step stool right at the foot of the counter confirming my suspicions. Before I had any time to think of how to discipline her, Q started screaming at the top of his lungs. A cry I had never heard before. I immediately knew something was wrong. As I ran over to get q, I asked Meg, "What did you do?" knowing that she wouldn't be able to answer that broad of a question, I asked, Did you feed something to Scholar? did you put something in his mouth? she got the biggest grin on her face and said, I'm Nice!
So to sum it up. I got the Jelly bean out of his mouth, he had swallowed and was choking on it, and coughed it up as I was pounding his back. I was worried that there were more in there, but he was fine, and life continued as we knew it. Meg was so proud of herself that she was being so nice.
What a nice big sister, to steal candy and share it with her baby brother!
Come, Follow Me
7 years ago
3 comments:
oh, I'm glad you were able to get it out! choking is the scariest thing for a mom to worry about!
Ha! Meg's found it! The secret to fattening up Q - Candy. Empty calories... :) But only if you can get past the whole choking-thing! :) How very Nice of her. I LOVE older siblings! I've noticed that those younger kids learn to be pretty tough though.
That's cute story.....kids are so funny.
Post a Comment