Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beggars Cant be Choosers...

so this kid just came to my door and he said that he was trying to earn money for scout camp and wanted to mow my lawn for the summer. I told him that I mow my lawn and I enjoy mowing it so I wouldn't want to give that up. Then I asked him if he would want to do some other yard work like pulling weeds and such, and he looked confused. I asked him how much he charges for lawn mowing and he said $10 which I felt like was a great deal. Then I asked him if he was even interested in pulling weeds and he said no.... Then I said, well I guess we don't need your service then, thanks anyway.


I would have loved to help him go to scout camp.

I guess I am confused on why this kid wasn't interested in pulling weeds. My first thought was "kids these days don't know how to work hard for their money" but I don't know, what do you all think?

Was he not wanting to work hard?
Was I asking too much from a kid?
Or am I just over reacting?

What do you think?

4 comments:

Leanne said...

He probably hadn't thought that far in advance. He had his mind set on mowing, and most kids don't think things through very far anyway...or think period.

The Fox Family said...

I agreee with Leanne..he more might have just been thrown off. Like in the mind set of mowing lawns..who knows?! He is a 12 year old boy, who will ever know?!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above comments. My guess is that he was told to ask if he can mow your lawn and he was doing just that.

The Tanner Family said...

Agreed with the above.