Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hawaii!!


So a few weeks ago Heber told me that we were going to Hawaii. I asked when and he said on Sunday! I knew for less then a week that we were going to Hawaii for 10 days. He arranged the babysitting and everything and told me after he got it all arranged. We went with our friends Kevin and Katie. I was really glad because they had been there before and knew all the tricks of staying cheap in Hawaii.

It was the best vacation I have ever been on! I dont have all the pictures here I am going to try to get the rest later.

We went to Kauai which is called the garden island and has many water falls. We did so much site seeing of waterfalls, it was amazing! In Hawaii, its still winter there, so it wasnt as flowerful as i was expecting, but it was still warm and sunny. The ocean was still rough so when we went on our raft trip, we couldnt go into the sea caves because of the swells. But we did see whales which if we were there even a month later, we would not have seen them.



baby whale on mama's back showing off for us.









Camara man snorkler tries to get in close to get a better picture of the whales



He's waving to us



This was one of the sea caves.





sea turtle



Spinner dolphins






as the sun was rising on the ocean



kayaking was really fun once we got the hang of it. it took us a while and Heber was sure our kayak was broken. it wasnt, it was just me. Had no clue what i was doing :)



sitting at the water fall that we hiked to. not sure why the water fall isnt in the picture.



beautiful waterfall



resting on one of our hikes


We had to cross 2 rivers. look at hebers face as i was going to drown in the river. he was just laughing at me. That was a really fun picture to get.



Chickens!!! everywhere! they roamed around free and careless. they were all over the place.



checking out the beaches



light house.



We had such a good time! it was hard to come back. There is a 4 hour time difference there so I was waking up at 4 in the morning there where it would be 8 here. i am still not adjusted back to Utah time.

We also saw coconut trees, banana trees which were so cool!, and orange trees, and papaya, and guava trees. i think there was even an avocado tree.

we rode bikes all over the town, that was so fun! I tried a Hawaiian Ice it was good, and we tried puka dogs, they were awesome! The name was interesting, but the dogs were good!

Trying to say the names of the streets and stores and everything was so fun. It was a really neat experience to be able to go there and learn about the history. It was amazing!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Wahoo!! I had no idea!! Way to go Heber. That is my favorite island in Hawaii, 10 whole days?? What a dream! I'm glad that you had so much fun....can't begin to say how jealous I am! (ps. I need Heber to start working on Dan. I turn 30 this year, and Hawaii sounds like an AWESOME idea!)

Nicole said...

Ashley, SOOO awesome! Seriously! I love your post. I'm so happy you had such a great time. The kayaking and ocean trips looked amazing!

Nicole & Ammon said...

Wow, that's awesome that Heber planned the whole thing! Looks like a lot of fun and I am really jealous!

The Fox Family said...

this trip looks AMAZING!!! What an awesome surprise! I LOVE Hawaii my favorite vacation spots for sure! Im so glad you got to go and have a good time! :)

Leanne said...

I was sad we couldn't come. glad you all had such a blast!!!!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

how fun! i'm totally jealous. i should have jake read that post...maybe it would give him some ideas:)

InspirednTired said...

Looks like you had a blast!

Bethany said...

I am glad to see pictures finally! I hadn't checked your blog for a while. I especially like your whale and dolphin pics. What an awesome trip for you guys!