Thursday, September 3, 2009

summers over


Made Caramel Apples:








I found Meg reading and singing to this book this morning, she didnt know i was videoing it.
Meg was singing to this book "The first 100 temples".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I can't wait for the fall!! You are one amazing mommy!

Annica said...

Those apples look yummy!! Are you throwing a party for Scholar's birthday??? Let me know! Daniel wont be around that weekend, but I will.

The Fox Family said...

I dont know how i missed Megs getting a haircut...but it's ADORABLE!!! and those apples look soooo good. Did you buy a kit or melt the carmel yourself? how do you do that?

Ashley said...

Annica, I dont think we will be doing much for Q's birthday, i am running a 6k and I have Super Saturday that day. I think i am going to keep it simple, ya know?

Ashley said...

Nicole, I found the recipe from Allrecipes.com you just buy the caramel from the store, the kind that are wrapped and square, 14 ounces, and unwrap each one and use 2 tablespoons of milk and melt it, i used the microwave for 2 minutes stirring each minute, and then quickly put the caramel on the apple. Make sure you wash and put the apples in the fridge for at least a day before you do it. I had mine in there for 5 days and it was perfect. It will help the caramel stick to the apple, and then quickly put on your candy if you want it. I liked it just as much without.

The Tanner Family said...

Yummy! we have that book too..100 Temples...Meg is such a sweet girl...Daxton misses is "friend" :)

Nicole said...

haha.... meg is so cute. i've done caramel apples before, but they're something i don't do often.... I'll have to do it for Halloween this year or something!