Monday, September 7, 2009

Homemade Syrup

I have been experimenting with different homemade syrups. My favorite one so far is a strawberry syrup from my taste of home cookbook (that Raylene gave me).Yum Yum!

Homemade Strawberry Syrup

1 c sugar
1 c water
1.5 c strawberries chopped

Boil the water and sugar, add strawberries and boil for 10 minutes and its done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so glad that you found a recipe that you love!! You so made my day!

anna said...

cute blog! I am sorry it has taken me so long to leave a comment. I am going to have to try the syrup recipe, it sounds divine. Did you strain your strawberries and how did you store it?

Ashley said...

Haha, I am a dork, you chop the strawberries and they are apart of the syrup, so the syrup is chunky, it is really good!

The Tanner Family said...

thanks we will have to try that!