Monday, July 7, 2008

The 4th of July

We got to Heber's parents house at noon. The party didn't start until 5 and it was killing Meg to wait to go swimming. She kept looking out the window longing for the swimming pool.

Finally the party started. Meg had so much fun playing with her cousins Matthew and Katie, and we always have fun with Joe and Raylene. We started the party off with dinner. We grilled hot dogs, and had a bunch of salads including my favorite, the strawberry summer salad. I brought my favorite sandwiches, Foccasia bread sandwiches. Everything was so yummy!

Then we got all the kids ready for swimming. Heber's mom bought this cool pool that had a slide and all the kids loved it! The kids swam, played base ball, and squirt guns. It was really funny to see Kelly pull out the mega squirter. The kids all wanted a turn to squirt, but needed help.




Matthew trying to do it by himself



Q also loved swimming all by himself. He loves being in water!

Meg watering the plants, she looked very concerned with each one, and took her time watering each leaf.

After swimming was over, we came inside and let the kids run around while the adults played The Newly Wed Game, Celestial style, I cant remember the exact name. It was a lot of fun, especially since Heber and I won! well ok, we tied for first with Joe and Raylene! It was 8 pm, still to light out for fireworks, but the kids wern't going to make it much longer. So at 8:30 we decided to do it anyway. They had so much fun, you wouldn't have known it wasn't dark, they loved the sparklers, and all the others. They all got a glow necklace, and were worn out ready for bed. Heber and I stayed the night at his parents because we had big plans for Saturday.









And that was our 4th of July!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

where is the recipe for this delicious summer salad?? sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I sure look like I am having a good time!!