You may have been wondering why I haven't been posting all last week. It was because we went on our Not Vacation! We took the kids to Grandmas and Grandpas on Friday, and didn't see them again until over a week later on Saturday. The best part about it was that we could do so much stuff that would have taken us 3 months to do if we had the kids with us. No packing diaper bags, making sure diapers were changed before we left, and we had food for Q and snacks for Meg, you know the usual parenting stuff. We were free!
We went to the BoonDocks, Sports Comedy Club, Desert Star Theater, the movies, Park City Outlets, We had a kid free dinner at Joe and Raylene's house, We ate at the Mayan, We got a spa package, went bowling, 7 peaks water park, we met up with a friend from high school and had lunch, went to a surprise party for Heber's Mom, and then celebrated Fathers day. It was SO much fun!
We missed the kids, but were taking advantage of not having them. When it was time to go get them we were so happy to see them, but then it got overwhelming very quickly. I felt like the babysitter, I didn't know how to take care of my own kids. This was the night of the Surprise party, so all the grandkids were over, it felt like there were 20, but I think there are only 10 or so, too many to count. I was so overwhelmed, there was so much noise. It was hard being around all that after not having any of it for a week. But the party was good. Teresa was surprised and it was fun.
The kids were sick for 3 days with the flu. They were throwing up all over, and being very needy. Q was sick for longer then Meg, he was still sick on Sunday. Hebers dad got it too, so Teresa was working hard taking care of everyone. I started feeling sick on Sunday, and now I have the flu too.
For Fathers Day, Heber wanted a clean house (remember we have been here, but on vacation for over a week, the housework got neglected), and brinner so today, I am cleaning the house trying to get it all done. I also gave him a watch and some hair glue.
now its back to real life, but we really wouldn't have it any other way. (Except being sick, we could do without that)
Come, Follow Me
7 years ago
3 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun (except the sick kids!) Glad that you took advantage of the time alone! See you around now that you are "home". BTW Eden Piper is in town and the neighbors are talking about doing a lunch on Wednesday. Let me know if you are interested.
Welcome back! I'm glad you guys had a good time!
i hope your not vacation was awesome. I think is was an awesome idea. sounds like it turned out.
Post a Comment