Saturday, April 2, 2011

New stuff in the living room

A few months ago I felt like it was time to get curtains in my living room. (we have lived here for 6 years) I really had no clue how to do my windows because 1. I don't know anything about curtains, and 2. My windows are not a standard size so no standard curtains would fit and custom curtains would cost a fortune.

Then one night I had a dream/vision of what I wanted. I wanted a brown back with a red front. so 2 sets of curtains on each side, with the red framing the brown. For the top, the brown and red across the top with the brown flat and the red swaying. It probably doesn't make sense explaining but you can see it from the pictures because I actually did it! (with help)

One day I was at target and I found some brown and red curtains on clearance. It was almost exactly what I wanted. The red was exactly what I had visioned, but the brown was the same color but it was cordory. I wasn't sure, but I bought everything they had anyway. It was too good of a deal to pass up. I knew that I would have to sew them and chop them up but I would find a way. (I don't sew).

I was trying to figure out a way to do it, meaning ask someone to help me, but who? Well when I told my friend about it, she volunteered to help me. It was awesome! She came over and helped me cut and sew (she did all the sewing and cutting :) ) I helped pick things and some other minor stuff, but mostly moral support. We had exactly enough material to do what we needed. and I love them!

I feel like they are unique, and just like I saw in my vision.


Its not the greatest picture you cant quite see the brown behind the red. oh well. I love them in person!




Then we felt like the room needed new chairs so we had to get these. (and you can see the curtains a bit closer.


So we rearranged the furniture and it looks like a whole new room!

I am going to attempt to paint the lamp antique brown over the summer. Wish me luck!



9 comments:

Mrs. Kayla Eborn said...

it is so nice to get a change in the house. Look at all that space. I love it.

Elaine Brown Billings said...

Those look so beautiful. You (and your friend) did a great job. That is a stylin' living room.

Unknown said...

They loook awesome!!! You totally pulled it off. Can you have a dream about curtains for my front room? I can't remember the last time I had curtains in there! I love the chairs.

Alicia said...

Sorry, Cheryl is me. I forgot I was logged in to another account when I posted. (*sheepish*)

Anonymous said...

Good Job Ashley. It is fun to bring your vision to life. I love decorating. Just a tip for the lamps. They have an Oil rubbed bronze spray paint at Home depot that will work wonders on your lamps to get them the rustic brown color I think you are imagining. I have used it on many things and it is super easy.
Sadie

Nicole said...

cute!!! I love 'em! And I love the furniture arranged. Good job on it all!!!

Nicole & Ammon said...

They look really great! You did a great job!

The Tanner Family said...

Fun! Good job Ashley :) they lk awsome. wish I ha visions of my livingroom ;)

Bethany said...

I noticed your chairs the other day (which I love btw), but I didn't look at the curtains. They look beautiful, and I am glad you found what you wanted!