That is what my kids have been saying lately before bed. I need to do my chores so I can get a gumball!
I was at target the other day and saw this gumball machine.
I started tossing around ideas of how I can use it to help my kids do their chores. I ended up coming up with this:
I thought I could put rewards on it and then they get to pick one every night before bed if they get their chores done. I sat down with the kids and asked them what chores they wanted to do and gave them some suggestions. This is what we came up with.
Meg:
Clean room
Brush teeth (2 times a day)
Clean living room
Take meds (2 times a day)
Q:
Clean room
Pick up toys from family room
Brush teeth (2 times a day)
Go potty in the potty
It was been so wonderful to hear my kids say, "I have to do my chores tonight!" they love getting a gum ball out of the gum ball machine.
The rewards are really easy and simple to do. they are something like this:
Get a treat before bed. (like 1 star burst or something small)
get a snack before bed. (like pretzels or something that isn't candy)
get a special drink before bed ( 1/3 cup of apple juice or something in the fridge)
get to stay up an extra half hour with mom
get an extra story before bed
get a story and a song before bed
I did 2 of each of the rewards so there are 12 balls. I used masking tape to write on and then taped it to the ball so I didn't ruin any of the balls.
The gum ball machine is a toy for small children. The gum ball are toy balls and it doesn't cost any money to get one out. The brand is 'Sugar Chute' I got it for 15 dollars at target.
Come, Follow Me
7 years ago
2 comments:
what a cute idea! I bet they love getting to have a gumball with the surprise of what it might be!
That is so cute! You have good motivation ideas!
Post a Comment