Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hot Chocolate Morning

I love hot chocolate mornings, especially in the days of summer. It such a nice surprise to wake up and have it look dark and cold but really be warm outside. Hot chocolate with a chocolate muffin, I think so!


I have been really loving the thunder and lightening the last 2 days. It is so beautiful to see and listen to. I love that Scholar wakes up and comes looking for me and says, "I'm Scared" with a worried look on his face. We snuggle up together and wait for the storm calm.

I love that Majestic sleeps through the thunder and lightening storm and when we ask her in the morning if she heard the thunder she said, "no, all I heard was the sound of silence." then shows me what that sounds like. I really enjoy it even if it only last for a few seconds.

So I sit at the window drinking my hot chocolate, watching for lightening and listen to the thunder. I haven't heard thunder or seen lightening like this in a long time, I hope it visits us again soon!

2 comments:

The Tanner Family said...

I love that too! I miss the awesome mansoons that usually happen down here..hasnt been any this year :(

Nicole said...

meg is so cute....... and you gotta LOVE the boy snuggle time. i'm sad we've been missing the storms while at the park city conference!! everyone has said its been amazing.....