We had a really busy and fun thanksgiving. The festivities started out on Wednesday. Heber's parents invited us and all Hebers siblings to see Savior of the World at the conference center, and have dinner before at the Garden. All of his siblings were able to make it except 1. We got a baby sitter for the kids and headed to Salt Lake. I was dissipointed that the lights wernt on yet. I was 2 days early! At the Garden, I wanted to try the fish, the Mahi Mahi. I havent had fish in years, and was in a mood to try it again. I have always said I didn't like fish. It was really good! I can say I like fish now.
The play was so nice! I think I cried 2 times before the intermission and several times during the last half. I was the first time I have been to see The Savior of the World. After it was over, we headed back to Orem. (No we did not stop at Crown burger!) The kids were asleep at the baby sitters. We got them home and put them in their own beds for the night.
Thanksgiving day, we headed to Ogden for the day. We decided to stop at my parents first because usually we go there last, and the kids are so tired and whiney. It was really fun. My anutie Mary Anne was there and I havent seen her in a while. My parents decided to do a non-traditional thanksgiving dinner of Taco Salad. It smelt so good. I wanted to eat it so bad, but I was saving up room for the feast. Heber caved in and ate some, and loved it!
Hebers family's thanksgiving didnt start until 2. but we had to go early to peal potatoes for the masses. I am talking 50 lbs of potatoes! We got there at 12:30 but they were allready pealed! Heber got to mash and mash and mash! What fun!
There was so much yummy food, again I wanted to try new things that I always avoided on thanksgiving, stuffing, and yams. stuffing good, yams yuck! I even got in a peice of pumpkin pie, my favorite!
We played some fun games, and Heber got peed on by Grandma's poodle!
On our way home that night, we decided to go back to my parents! Annica and her boyfriend Dan were there and it was fun. Meg was putting on a show. She sang and danced for everyone. She has so much energy. My mom gave me her mini tree, and a bunch of ornaments. I wanted it for the center peice on the kitchen table.
I had to drive home. I hate driving espically in the dark. I cant see very well, and it scares me. But we made it safely and were so exhausted!
Friday, we took the kids swimming at the Rec center. One last swim trip. It was really fun. Meg loves swimming, and Q loves being in the water. heber got to sneak away and get in the hot tub and the sauna for a while. the kids were happy.
Saturady, we decided put up the tree in the living room. its the "fancy" tree, I have been wanting to change it for a few years now, I just dont know what I want so I havent yet. I got it up and got the room cleaned up. We have 6 boxes of decorations! I got all the decor up, and the house is festive now. I put garland on the windows and railings, and lights everywhere. Heber even put up lights outside. My parents came over and wanted to take us to dinner for our birthdays. They offered to give me their old tree, the tree I grew up with and all the decorations. I wanted it, and we put it up saturday night. more about that in a sec...
So my parents came over for dinner, we went to Sizzler. It was very good. I really like sizzler. It was nice of them to visit, and we went to target to wander around afterwards. Meg had a great time with grandma and grandpa! What fun!
So we put up the other tree downstairs. Its the fun tree, the kids helped me put up decorations and we did fruit loop garland. It was fun, and the kids had a blast! When I say the kids, I mean Meg. Q had no idea what was going on. We even put colored lights on the fun tree. everything else is white lights. I only like white lights.
I even have a cinnamon wall flower that adds to the festiviness..
but no, I didnt go out on Black Friday! There was nothing on sale this year to brave the crowds. Wait! I did go, but not early. I think I went at noon to Bath and Body Works to get more wall flower refills. They were only 5 dollars! I was in line for 45 minutes! But I am glad I got them. So that was our weekend. Now we are getting back to normal life. What fun!
Come, Follow Me
7 years ago
4 comments:
yeah, on my list of to-do's for tomorrow is bo to B&BW so I can use my coupon and get good stuff like wall flowers! You guys were so busy this wknd!
Sounds like you guys had fun! It was good to see you guys. Meg is so funny!
wow! It sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving!!
Busy busy weekend! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment