Monday, November 17, 2008

Scolly Wally!

I wanted to update on Q because I haven't written about him in a while.

He just started to be able to go down stairs all by himself. he could go up stairs just fine, but now he can do both so we took our gate off our stairs. We have about 18 stairs on one stair case so if he fell, it would be a loooonnnggg way to fall. He hasn't yet, but I am always near to catch him if he did. He became a pro overnight with the stairs and getting off the couch right. when he does the them right, he will stop and clap for himself, and look at us to make sure we saw his accomplishment.

He still isn't walking. He is 15 months old. (just a couple days away of 15 months), Its normal for some babies to wait until 18 months to walk so we arn't worried. He was slow in everything else so we think thats just how he is. He is holding onto furniture and walking so I know he will do it soon. (He did take his first step the other day, no holding on to anything just one step.)

He says, Thank you, bye bye, Yay, uh-oh, mama, dada, yummmmmm. He signs drink, and a few others that I cant remember. If you say, what do you say? he will say, thank you!

Even though he doesn't talk much or sign much, he can still communicate. Which is probably why he isn't doing the signs because I know what he wants by his body language.

He loves playing in water. Loves playing with people's eye lashes and eyes. Meg is so nice to let him play with hers.

Q plays with Meg so well. They are always laughing and playing together.

I love watching Q grow up and do things that Meg used to do. He surprises me every day with new things he can do. He is so small, (he can still wear 6-9 month clothes), but he is a big boy at heart.

But as much as we love Scolly Wally, we are counting down the days until he goes to nursery!

4 comments:

The Tanner Family said...

Isnt it great when they can go to Nursry.....I only get 2 months of a break before I have another one to carry around:)

Kelly said...

It is a great thing to know that your Family is "Up to Know Good" !Lets make sure that we do not forget that "Scolly Wally" also says Pa-Pa ! Keep up the good work Scolly.

Annica said...

Awww! I miss the little guy. I can't wait to see him again! And I will let him play with my eyelashes!

InspirednTired said...

What a cutie!