Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our Adventure!

Today was quite and adventure, we had a lot of shopping to do. One of the places we had to go to was Kohls. They opened up a new one in Orem, and today was there Grand Opening Sale. Yesterday I received a 10 dollar gift card (10 dollars off when you spend at least 10 dollars) in the mail so I wanted to go to use it.

We got to Kohls, it was packed! We went in, and there of course were no carts. So I stood around hoping I would be able to get one, and couldnt. I decided we would just make a quick trip in. I would hold Q and Meg would follow me. We started shopping, and Meg kept running away, and being so slow! I was getting so frustraited with her, and the store for not having enough carts. Meg kept playing in the clothing racks, and I thought she was on the other side of a rack so I went to get her, and she was not there. I went up and down the store, and she was gone.

In that moment, I cant describe the things that were going through my mind. As a mother, its terrifying to even think about where your child could be. Was someone walking out with her right now? Someone who wants to hurt her, or someone who cant have kids and came to the store looking for a one? Would she run out of the store into the parking lot and get hit by a car? So many thoughts were going through my mind.

I had to decide if I should leave the area and go get help from the store, or keep looking. I knew that if I didnt get help, whoever stole her was getting further away. I ran to get help. By this time, I was starting to cry. I found a worker and said, I lost... I lost my daughter! and then the tears started flowing! she droped what she was doing and started asking me what she was wearing. I said a jean skirt, but I couldnt remember what shirt. They immediatly sent a message over the intercom Code Yellow, and everyone who could look did. They told me to stay right were I was, and at first I was upset because they wouldnt let me look too, but now I realise that if I looked too, they might not be able to find me, and it would just be easier to have me wait. It took about 5 minutes, (it felt like 15), but they found her. They wanted to make sure I wasnt a kidnapper, they asked Meg is that your mom? They asked her to several people and she said no, and then they asked about me, and she said yes. So they let me take her. The weorker were so helpful and nice, I really couldnt have asked for better help. They were awesome and handeled it so well!

Guess where she was? In the toy isle. Right when I found her, she said, here I got this toy for Scholar! She had one toy for her, and one for Scholar!

Oh, and if you ask her, she will tell you I got lost, and she found me!

the good thing about going to kohls was that I ended up buying these for the kids with that 10 dollar gift card they sent me:



They are flashlights that make the animal noise. they were regulary $9.99 each, but they were on sale because of the Grand Opening Sale for $5.09 each. I used my gift card and got them for 9 and 1/2 cents each! my total was 19 cents including tax! yipee!

7 comments:

InspirednTired said...

How scary to have that feeling! I remember hiding in the clothes racks when I was young, and would panic when I couldn't find my mom.

Annica said...

That does sound scary.... and she doesn't even know what she did to you. She was perfectly happy in the toy isle. Well, at least the store people were smart enough to ask her if you really were her mom. That impressed me.

Alicia said...

Ack!! Been there done that! That is why I now refuse to do clothes shopping alone with the boys!! Don't worry about the crying-It happens to me every time!
PS-We have the cow flashlight and the boys always fight over it!

Leanne said...

Reuben did that to us once. it was seriously the most terrifying moment ever. I'm glad they found her so fast.

p.s.those are cute little flashlights.

Hillarys little Paynes said...

i can relate, i lost tyler in walmart and had to do the exact same thing. It was the worst feeling ever. I cried to, im sure most moms do both. lose a kid, and cry. Glad it turned out well.

The Tanner Family said...

Oh my goodness. I thought I lost Daxton once too, but found him really fast. I know it totally freaks you out. Im glad you fouind her.

The Allred Family said...

you are such a bargain shopper....my hero in that way. Scary moment iwth Meg. I have experienced that. It's definitely generational....I don't think my mom ever worried where we were....it's scary these days.