Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Potty Training...

It has officially started! Yesterday in fact. On Monday Meg decided to go poo poo in the potty. wow, that was a shock to us since we put potty training on hold. So I decided to start again full force and its been going ok.

We were potty training slightly before, I told her if she goes potty in the potty 5 times then she will get to wear big girl underwear. She only had one more time to go Monday night, so sure enough Tuesday morning she went potty, and potty training started officially.

I wanted an incentive for her to go so I took her to Walmart and let her pick out a toy. She insisted on getting a camera. I told her that when she goes potty 5 times without any accidents in between in one day, she could have the camera. Right now its sitting on the counter in the bathroom so she can see it when she goes potty.

Yesterday she had 3 successes and 6 accidents! We almost ran out of underwear, I had to do a load of laundry so we would have enough for today.

Today its 12:15, and she has gone potty twice with zero accidents! I am betting we will have some accidents by the end of the day, but I can definitely see improvement.

I am exhausted taking her to the potty every 15 minutes. It wears me out!

4 comments:

kateworthi said...

Yep - she'll run out of underwear like, everyday. Potty training stinks, as you obviously know, but it sounds like she's really ready. I bet it will go fast for you guys. Accidents happen for a while though, so don't expect too much! :) For us, it's the nighttime stuff that has been harder. Ben's been potty-trained for almost a year, and now he's all-of-a-sudden wetting the bed. What gives? Kids! (I'm shaking my head from side to side and throwing my hands up in exasperation!)

Anonymous said...

wow... you explained that so well... it was like I could actually see your head with the arms and the shaking...

The Allred Family said...

It is a huge time commitment, taking them every 15. I just trained Ella this week. And it went really well. But the same thing happened, a lot of accidents the first day and I had to do laundry. But no accidents since and I didn't beleive it when people said it would be easier, but it is!

Leanne said...

keep trying, she'll do great! It takes patience and more patience, and lots of underwear and treats.
And it doesn't help to yell, or scold, or any of that kind of mean stuff either.