I took Q in for his follow up appt. today. I guess the dr was out of town until today so I couldn't get him in sooner. He went up to 20% so that is good, not the best, and not where he was at, but at least he didn't drop more. He was at 40% at his 4 month check up.
He still doesnt like to take a bottle. He will only drink 18 oz at the most a day, and that is me forcing him to eat it. I give him plenty of solids during the day. He loves his solids.
I am not sure if I mentioned his head size in the previous updates. His head shrunk a tiny bit. The nurse told me after she measured his head that she needs to do it again because she did it wrong. She did it again and it was the same as before 41 cm. The Dr came in and told me that the measurement must be wrong, and i told her that the nurse did it twice, but she insisted that it was wrong. So I didn't think very much of it.
well when I went in today for the follow up, I asked that they measure the head. The nurse measures it at 41 cm. I said that was the same as last time, she decides to try it again and this time she measured 41.3, but still not much growth.
The dr said he looks fine, but she wanted to get another dr's opinion. That tells me right there that something is wrong she just doesn't want to alarm me. She comes back and tells me they need to do an ultra sound of Q's head to see what is going on, because he is underdeveloped. so now I am waiting for the nurse to call me to tell me when his appt is.
I am pretty nervous, but I know its just a precaution. I would rather have them find something wrong early and fix it then later and it be too late to fix completely. I am just hoping that nothing is wrong and there is nothing to fix : )
That boy has had so many issues since he was born. I have had more problems with him in these 7 months then I have had with Meg in the last 2 years.
The Dr told me that most boys do their motor skills before their social, but he might be doing social first. I guess time will tell, and this ultra sound.
7 comments:
I just wanted to add that his ultra sound is scheduled for Monday. We will have to wait until then to see what happens.
I am trying to stay positive. It could be nothing.
Keep us updated for sure... we will keep you in our prayers!
Good luck with everything, and remember to take care of you, too.
That's got to be hard to go through all of that. I will be thinking of you and watching for an update.
He's such a happy little guy. It will be amazing to me if they do find anything wrong besides just slowly developing. Keep your head up, you're an awesome mom!
He looks so healthy. It's alarming to me to think that he is "underdeveloped". Weird.....He probably is bigger than Ella. Don't stress too much. Sounds like you are taking it in stride. We'll keep him in our prayers.
I just wanted you to know were thinking about you and Q and are keeping him in our thoughts and prayers too. he will be just fine. keep us updated.
yes, for sure keep up the updates. I don't get it. He looks SO healthy. I mean, he has little fat rolls, and smiles and is happy, and is doing so much. if there's really something wrong, I will be SO surprised. You are amazing. Keep up the good thoughts, and we'll pray for ya too! Let us know.
PS - I just read what everyone else said, (after I wrote, but not yet published). And sorry my comment in so redundant. :)
Post a Comment