Last night I decided to make a nice dinner. Not a new experiment, one tried and true recipe. Potato bacon Soup. it consists of potatoes, bacon, onion, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, cream cheese and pepper. Not to hard right?
Well, I cooked the bacon, burnt it to a crisp. I went to get the potatoes to realize we don't have any. But I am in luck, I have canned potatoes. I open up 4 can of canned potatoes and put them in the crock pot. I go to get an onion and guess what? I am fresh out. Well no problem, I have dried onion spice! I throw some in. I go to get the chicken broth and NO! I cant be out of that too! so I use water. 43.5 oz of water YUM! well at least I have the cream cheese right? Wrong! it has curdled!
So I am thinking to myself, maybe I can still do this. What was I thinking?
At least I had the chicken soup, I really did. In fact, I thought maybe it needed 2 can of chicken soup so I dump them in to the watery potatoes. I added some corn for some extra something.
So what do I get? watered down cream of chicken soup.
Well I told Heber about it, and he asked where we were going to go to dinner tonight? I told him, you pick, I already ruined one. HAHA! Cant say I didn't try!
Come, Follow Me
7 years ago
4 comments:
that sounds like most of the nights that I attempt to cook. i feel your pain!
I cannot even tell you how many times I have tried to do something like that. I am laughing so hard. I hope you got something goo dto eat anyway! You are seriously a trooper for trying though! :)
That happens to the best of us! Have fun going out to eat!
It seems like when something goes wrong, it all goes wrong, doesn't it?
I think we have all been there at one time or another- and it is frustrating!
Post a Comment