Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day with The Billings Syndicate!

At our house we love to celebrate all holidays. (as in we, I mean me, and the kids by default.) Sometimes Heber goes along for the ride, and sometimes he gets dragged into it. Every Holiday we like to do an activity, and the kids get a small gift of some sort. So for Valentines Day, The kids and I made made Jello Jigglers, red of course! Here is Meg waiting anxiously to start cutting with the cookie cutters.

Little did she know she was going to get to play with Jello. She kept asking for play dough because we use the same cookie cutters when we play with play dough. She quickly stopped asking for play dough when I cut out the first one and gave her a taste. I guess she liked this better?




She started asking for something called yello ogliers. I think she was trying to say Jello Jigglers because when I gave her more, she ate them up!
We had so much fun, even Q was enjoying himself.



We ate some, but wanted save some to show Dad when he came home from work. We didn't want to leave him out of the valentines celebration.








For the special gift, we gave the kids a valentine treat bag. I made these valentines for my primary class to. I gave them to the kids last Sunday.


Heber's Parents were so thoughtful to send all of us a valentine. We were pleasantly surprised to see this in our mail box. They gave us bags of m&m's, one for each of us with a valentine wrapped around it.














Then, Meg's Cousins Daxton and Gavin were nice to send Meg and Scholar each a valentine, and a sucker for Meg. The sucker is long gone, but here are the cute valentines.

And on top of all that, Heber's friend at work work Lindsey, gave us a valentine to Krispy Kremes for one free doughnut for Heber, me and Meg. Thank You!

Heber and I had a nice valentines day to. A couple of days before valentines day he told me were going to the mall. If any of you know Heber, that is a gift in itself. He hates shopping! So of course I got ready to go quickly and didn't ask questions in case he changed his mind. We got to the mall and he told me he wanted to buy me a new pair of pants. This was so sweet because I don't have any that fit right well right now after just having a baby. We started shopping, I started looking at everything, and we ended up leaving with 4 shirts and 1 pair of pants. He is so amazing!

I got Heber a really cool Nintendo shirt that he loved.

The best thing about valentines day in itself was we put the kids to bed at 6 and ate dinner by ourselves. It was so nice to eat a meal with out kids! Heber was going to cook something for me but he ended up offering to get a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's (which is really out of character for him.) It was yummy. He knows Pizza is my favorite food! We ate, watched some shows, right now he is into Battlestar Galactica, and I like Ghost Whisperer, we compromised and watched one of each. Then played Nintendo. It was so much fun to have quality time together!

Let me just say I have the BEST Husband in the world!

0 comments: