Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Scholar, Scholar, Scholar... what am I going to do with you??

So, I wanted to tell a "funny" story about Scholar. I put funny in quotations because I still don't think this is funny but Heber laughed when I told him part "a" and part "b" so maybe someday I will think its funny. (I have to say that he thought it was naughty, but still funny)


So yesterday I needed to go to Maceys. We all got into the car and I realized that Scholar didn't have any shoes or socks on, which is so normal for him, so I got in the car and told him he needed to go inside and get them on. He quickly ran inside, (which is unusual, usually he puts up a fight. What a relief). He comes back and all is well. We go to Maceys, do our shopping, and come home.

I was unloading groceries and Scholar was still in the car, he stayed in the car for an unusually long time. He finally came out with 'that grin'. 'That grin' is the grin he gives when he know he has done something naughty, and its usually something very naughty. I give him a once over and notice immediately that he isn't wearing his shoes. I asked him, "Scholar, where are your shoes?" He says, " I left them at Maceys." "Why would you leave your shoes at Maceys?" I asked while trying so very hard to keep my cool and not flip out. His answer is, "because".

I am so in shock that I say, "are you joking?, did you really leave them at Maceys? Where did you leave them?" and he says, "by the food". I desperately try to think back to when we were walking out, feeling like a horrible mother that didn't notice that my son wasn't wearing any shoes (they were sandals by the way). I forced a calm voice and said, "well, I guess you have lost your shoes, you don't get them back." and his response was, "Yes!!" then I said, "you are going to have to go to time out for this", and then he ran into the house and shut the door.

I finish gathering the groceries and go to open the door and guess what? The door is locked! My four year old locked me out of the house! Luckily Meg was inside and she let me in. I immediately go on a hunt for Scholar because he ran and hid. Do you think he knew he was in trouble?... I searched down stairs and said in a forced very calm voice, "Scholar, if you don't come out before I count to five then I am going to add five minutes to your time out: 5, 4, 3, 2... "I am up here, mommy!", he says as he comes running out of his hiding spot. Needless to say, he spent some time in 'time out' yesterday.

So Part "b"...

This morning I needed to go to Maceys again. I decided to go while the kids were at school to make it easier of course. I wanted to go to the customer service desk to see if his shoes were there, I wasn't going to give them back to Scholar. I just wanted closure I guess. Well, I go and ask them if they were in the lost and found and they said they are not. Hmm... I thought to myself, "I wonder if he put them under the seat of the car and told me he left them at Maceys..." I ran to the car to check and sure enough they were under the seat of the car! Remember he spent a lot of time in the car after the shopping trip??

So, yesterday he spent time in 'time out' for something he didn't do, and then today he spent more time in 'time out' for lying to me about it!

I sure do love my Scholar, but he definitely keeps me on my toes!!

2 comments:

The Fox Family said...

hahah! that is really funny! Did you confront him about finding them in the car? what a clever little boy.

Nicole said...

haha...... ok, that's really funny. :) How is it kids are so stinkin' smart???? hopefully after a while you can 'laugh' about it, too. Heber told us one day at work how Scholar's birthday went......oh man, you definitely have a mischief maker at your house!!!!