Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kohls Adventure



The other day I went to Kohls. I ventured over to the kids section and found a few books that I thought would be useful. A potty training book, a princess activity book, and 2 other fun books for the kids. After I found these books I saw a sign for books that said, "buy one get one 1/2 off." on one side, and on the other it said, "books 10% off" It must have been my lucky day because I had picked out a total of 4 book.

I got to the register and to my surprise they were not ringing into the register for the "bogo", but for the 10% off. The lady got on her radio and called back to ask someone to go check it out. When the lady got there she radioed back that there was no sign that said "bogo" I told the cashier that I would go back and show the lady the sign. So I did.



By the time I got the back of the store something magical happened. The sign had disappeared. I was shocked and was telling the lady in ramblings of nervousness and confusion, that the sign was just here where could it have gone, then I even went as far as to asked the lady if she was the one who removed it. I was just so thrown off.

I looked closer and the sign that said "bogo", didn't just disappear, but it was flipped backwards, so I could still see it in the same spot as it was before. I was attempting to show the lady the sign and that it was flipped backwards. I was freaking out, so confused, and guess what. The lady said that they would still give me the deal, but just this one time..


I was so mad, but now I can laugh about it. I wonder what the lady thought was going to happen when I didn't see the sign that was just there.

Seriously?

like, who does that?

5 comments:

The Fox Family said...

haha. good for you for fighting it! I would have been to wussy!!

Anonymous said...

Haha, crazy! I am glad that you stuck to it and got the deal! I think the lady totally moved the sign. What a joke! Hey guess what! I ate at Cafe Rio for lunch and had the pork salad. Now I know it isn't anything compared to Costa, but well, the memories were there. :)

Leanne said...

I probably would have just walked out of the store without buying anything!

Nicole said...

update! update! We need another playdate..... things are crazy. What can i say? If nothing else, Carson needs Q to come over and play for a while. (also, sorry about the 'secret hidden sign'..... pretty sure they moved it after....)r

Bethany said...

That is a funny story. I probably would have thought I was going crazy. I am glad they gave you the deal in the end:)!