Saturday, April 4, 2009

I did it! My First 5k!

38 minutes later I crossed the finish line with my dad. We held our hands up high to celebrate our success. It was AWESOME!

Heber got us just as we were putting our hands up!



Before the race began:



Meg, Q and Heber came to Cheer us on!






My dad and me before the race. My dad can do a 5k in 20 minutes, but he stayed with me and went at my pace. As we got to the finish line, he said he felt like he could do another 2 miles!



I am just behind this lady way back there.

I decided to just do the 5k by myself. I kept calling my dad and telling him my progress each time I did my practice run, he got excited and said he would do it with me. I didn't have to do it by myself, yay! It was so neat to be able to do a race with my dad. He has done so many races and marathons, It was so much fun to be able to do one together!

We didnt finish last! We had 2 goals for the race, 1, not to finish last, and 2 to beat our times, I beat my time by 2 minutes or so, so I was happy about that. We finished about in the middle of all the people, that was pleasing! I wont know the exact time until they post it on the net, but I know it was around 38 minutes!

It was snowing, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be in the snow. I had so much fun. I am totally up for doing another one, I am thinking the Utah Valley one in June.

I love the shirt they gave out. I love having a shirt that says, I did this, I ran this race. I am going to wear it proudly! I cant wait to get more!

After the race we went to our new favorite restaurant for breakfast, Maglebys. It is soo good! I cant get enough of that place! They have the best pancakes and syrup, yum yum..

And we got home just in time to watch the first session of conference! What a great day!

7 comments:

The Tanner Family said...

Wow! You go girl! you had a full and exciting day:) Congrats on the 5k...I would like to do that someday! Your kids are getting so big!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Oh man, I was driving to work this morning and I saw everyone running in the snow and I thought how horrible that must be! I hate the snow! I'm glad that you had fun! Magleby's is my favorite restaurant too! I love that place!

Annica said...

Good job! It looked cold out there but you did it!

Nicole said...

Yesss!!!! :) way to go, Ashley! That's an awesome goal to have accomplished. You've done so well lately in everything you've put your mind to!

Anonymous said...

Yay Ashley! I basically think that you are the most amazing person EVER!! Good job for making this goal and totally acheiving it! 5k is so awesome!

Leanne said...

good job on doing a 5k!! congrats!!

The Allred Family said...

Congrats!!!! How fun to run with your dad. It looks FREEZING!!! No thank you to that! I have run during the rain adn I would prefer that over the snow! Great job Ash!