It looks like Q isn't going to be getting tubes for his ears.
I took him to an ENT in SLC and the dr said that Q definitely needed tubes. I didn't really like this dr and didn't want him to do the surgery if we were going to do it, I still hadn't decided if it was right for Q.
We decided to get a second opinion.
Thanks to a friend in the ward we got a really great dr. I called this morning and they told me that they had a cancellation today and we could go in at 11. Yahoo!
He was awesome! He gave q a hearing test and everything and said that he absolutely would not give Q tubes yet. I completely agree! but if he has 2 more by May then we might be talking tubes....
Come, Follow Me
7 years ago
5 comments:
wow. thank goodness for second opinions!!!!
wow. I think second opinions are definitely worth the extra effort. remember my root canal thing? ugh.
hooray for second opinions. Just wantd to say thanks for coming on sunday to the blessing. We appreciate the support.
Well I hope he doesnt get any more....good idea to get a second opinion though. :) Hope you guys are doing good!
did you end up getting tubes? i really really recommend! Ezra had to get them when he was about 2 and i would have got them sooner, had i known that he had been having constant infections, and that is why he didnt sleep , and why he was always miserable. the tubes are wonderful. and not that invasive. it did seem scary at first to have to put your little one through surgery, ( scary even for the mom whos child had cancer and a MILLION surgeries) ---but it was nothing---serious. it was about 20 minutes and they were done. and all that misery---gone! i shouldnt be so pushy about it. but once you do it ( if you need to)---youll be relieved. :) peace out!
Post a Comment