Saturday, September 20, 2008

Another Attack

I have never dealt with asthma before, so when I saw the signs of an attack, I wasn't sure if it was really an attack. anyway we saw this coming on for a few days, and on Friday, Scolly's Birthday, I decided I needed to get her checked out just in case it was an attack. well it was. We were at the dr's for 2 hours. they gave her 2 breathing treatments, and 1 steroid, and got us a prescription for 3 medications. Now she is hyped up on 3 different drugs, a steroid to stop the swelling (Oral), a med to prevent attacks (inhaler), and one for instant relief for her attack (Inhaler).

This attack was triggered by a cold. Just like the 1st attack, so we are going down the path of colds trigger her attacks. She is going to have a hard winter.

She didn't have to go to the hospital this time because we caught it in time. I am learning how to recognize the symptoms so I can treat it before it gets dangerous. I still have so much to learn and feel so overwhelmed.

I am giving her treatments every 3 hours around the clock. If she starts to need them 2 hours, I will have to take her back to the drs.

She is acting fine. I can tell when she needs a treatment because her mood changes, she gets very whiny and clingy, but other then that she is her happy self.

3 comments:

The Tanner Family said...

Poor Meg! I sorry. That is scary. Im glad your starting to recognize the signs though. Good luck. :)

Alicia said...

Ahh! Sorry to hear it. Hopefully it will be a mild winter. Let me know if you need help!

Leanne said...

that's so scary that she had another attack! I'm glad that you are figuring it out though, it's scary not knowing what to do when things like that happen.