Friday, March 7, 2008

Finally a Recipe I can call My Own!

I have been looking for a recipe for this for about 4 years, and finally found one that I thought was it, but as I started making it, I realized it was nothing like what I was looking for, so I decided to make one up. and it was so easy and Very Good!

Whenever Heber hears fruit pizza he things of something like this, and is usually disappointed because it is the cream cheese or whipped cream with all different kind of fruit on top. So he is the reason I have been looking for a recipe for 4 years.

He said this was exactly what he was looking for and loves it! He even asked me to make some for his work for National Pie Day!

Because it is my own creation, I have decided to withhold the recipe at this time.

Just Kidding-

But I am hesitant to post this because some of you may already know how to make this, and think I am dumb for thinking I made up something like this. I know its easy, but I am pretty proud that I did this, so if you already know how to make it, please don't tell me what I can do better, or whatever. Thanks

But if you try it, you have to tell me what you think!

I decided to name it Apple Pizza 3.14 (In celebration of National Pie Day coming up on 3/14, a very celebrated holiday at our house.)

Apple Pizza 3.14

Sugar cookie dough
Icing (save some for the topping)
apple pie filling

Make sugar cookie dough spread in a cookie sheet, I used a round one.
Bake it until its done. I just used the recipes directions for the oven temperature and put it in for 12 minutes, but watched it closely. Cool.

make Icing and spread over the big cookie, leaving some to drizzle on top afterwards.

spread apple pie filling over the Icing

drizzle remaining icing over the top of the pie filling.

Its that easy and very good. Heber even liked it better the next day cold. I heated mine up for 20 seconds in the microwave.

If you want the sugar cookie recipe or icing recipe, just let me know!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Are you going to bring some tonight?

Ashley said...

Yep, I have already made the giant cookie